We are very pleased to bring everyone this first look at Motion Computing’s newest Tablet PC, the LE1700, in this special launch day video review. It has been about two years since the release of the LE1600, and many people were wondering if this day would ever come. It has!
Motion Computing®, a leader in ultramobile computing and wireless communications, today unveiled the LE1700, the company’s latest flagship slate tablet PC. The most feature-rich tablet PC on the market, the LE1700 integrates the latest technologies aimed at enhancing productivity of mobile professionals in healthcare, field sales and service, government and hospitality, among others. New technologies available on the LE1700 include Motion’s exclusive WriteTouch display option for dual-mode writing and touch-screen input; Wireless Wide Area Network (WWAN) integration; the Microsoft® Windows Vista™ operating system; and Intel® Core™2 Duo mobile technology.
Bottom Line: If working while standing is in your job description, this slate tablet is the best in the business. For all else, look for a convertible tablet that has a built-in keyboard.
Pros: Digitizer pen has no equal. Lightweight. Well connected with a variety of wireless options. Good amount of RAM to run Windows Vista Business.
Cons: Can get warm at times. Geared toward vertical markets. Add-on features can easily put this system above $3,000.
And some more:
- MobileWhack: Motion LE1700 Integrates Compelling Features, Ultimate Slate Mobility
- Mobile Magazine: Motion LE1700 Slate Tablet PC Boasts a Number of Firsts
- iTWire: Motion LE1700 tablet features inbuilt EV-DO or 3G connectivity
- MobileTechReview.com Forum: Motion Computing Announces their new LE1700 Vista Tablet
- TabletPCReview.com Forum: Hands On – Motion LE1700 Tablet PC